Thursday 16 February 2017

Ahmadabad a college trip [Part- 1]


Train memoirs


Fortunately, I was able to grab the perfect seat for the journey the only two problems that I faced were that we started in the evening ruining my maximum time as it was pitch dark and I couldn't see anything and as soon as sunrise occurred my first picture was this because of dirty fixed windows.

-UNFORTUNATE FORTUNE










Swarna Jayanti Rajdhani connecting Ahmedabad and New Delhi (the distance of approx. 940km) departs from New Delhi at 7:30 pm and reaching Ahmedabad at 5:40 am. At a speed of 70km/hr.





The Cloud Hotel

Study Table, Television set, and a stand
Toilet
Bedroom
The water conservation being managed very well in Ahmedabad made me think whether the water that came through the tap or shower was processed properly or not btw they used percolation wells for their irrigation, water-scaping which was a very good process. I could see pebbles, coarse grains and mesh in the plantation area near the party hall in the rear end of the hotel. 

The air flowing wasn't polluted by dirt or dust and was soo clean that eating outside than in a closed environment was very preferable most of the time excluding time of noon because of extreme heat.

The windows weren't one way which I realized when I saw a worker on the adjacent building gazing me when I was jumping on the bed in my underwear. 

The HDMI cable was missing on the television, I had to see normal quality television. COME ON!!


Hotel Heaven

Luckily my faculty gave me the opportunity to visit the kitchen and study the services they might provide.

The first thought occurring my mind was Ramsay Gordon and Kitchen Nightmares OH YESS!!


Storage
The Chef 
Cleaning Area

This kitchen was clean had a decent layout but the food wasn't authentic i.e. I expected sweet food in Ahmedabad but the food was very basic excluding delicious Gujarati kadhi, palak baby corn, and a fried vegetarian spicy wing.

Aspects to take care before designing a successful kitchen-

  • Proper Hygiene by providing vents, water drainage, electricity supply properly.
  • Storage (Cold and Dry) easily accessible with ingredients placed carefully without affecting other products. 
  • Runners area and pickup zones to be spaced out without hindering the cook or other interlinked services.
  • Separating different zones like cooking, cleaning, storing smartly giving priority as per the access, giving focus to the equipment layout and material.

Measured plan of the current layout of kitchen
(Each square side- 316mm)
Emergency Escape plan of ground floor



I'll upload the information related to equipment's material and use in the future post.

No comments:

Post a Comment